So, you're thinking of submitting? How exciting! There's just a few things you need to know before you do. We've broken our guidelines down into two parts, so you're not bombarded by a load of scary-looking information. If you've got any questions, feel free to send us an email and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Issue #0008 theme:
30 November 2016
Things you need to know
- We accept poetry and short story submissions only
- You can submit as much as you like
- There are no word restrictions
- There are no age restrictions
- There are no location restrictions
- We're only interested in submissions from previously unpublished writers
- Although we'd love to, we cannot respond to everyone who submits – we'll pop an email over to you if your work has been accepted
- Halcyon does not and never will own rights to your work, we are simply a platform for you to showcase it on. Every published submission will have a copyright notice included, which states the author's name and year it was published on our site.
- If, for any reason, you decide you do not want Halcyon to continue featuring your work, simply get in touch with us and we'll remove it as soon as we can.
Things you need to do
- Send us your best, most imaginative, creative, astounding, goose-bump inducing short stories or poetry
- Stick to the monthly theme
- Stick to the monthly deadline
- Thoroughly proofread and edit your work – spelling errors and grammar mistakes will result in your submission being rejected
- All work should be submitted in a Word doc and attached to an email
- When you submit, include a bio about yourself, along with any social media/blog links you would like to share with the world
- If you're published, we'd really appreciate you paying it forward and spreading the word about Halcyon far and wide
- And finally, send your short story or poem over to us at email@example.com